This theme is so perfect for me as I am in constant search of some easy sweets. The man in the house is so fond of sweets and he has to have some after every dinner. Phew! Even though there are gazillion easy dessert recipes sometimes, probably most, I feel lazy and do not want to try anything new. But when Valli put this as a theme I could not let it pass. So here I am after a short break in blogging.
Even though Valli's theme was "No bake dessert", I added an invisible sub clause "easy" as well. I was trying to empty most of the items in my pantry before my "super excited" travel. So I have three desserts for you with the regular ingredients that you have at home. Nothing fancy, just simle yet delicious desserts!
- 12 Slices plain Bread
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Condensed Milk
- 2 tsp Corn Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sliced nuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios etc..
- Few drops Rose water or Kewra water
- Sugar if needed
- Little Ghee to toast the bread
- Cut the edges off the bread slices and toast them with ghee. Then halve each slice and keep aside.
- Add the corn flour in a 1/4 Cup cold milk and keep aside. Bring the rest of the milk to a boil. Once it starts frothing, add the corn flour milk and keep stirring.
- Reduce the flame to medium. Keep stirring frequently and the milk gets thickened. Finally add the condensed milk to it.
- Stir and mix well. Taste and add little sugar if more sweet is needed. Turn off the flame. Add the rose water and mix well.
- Take a baking dish and pour little milk in the bottom. Then place the bread slices in one layer. Pour the milk evenly on top of the bread slices and add few pieces of nuts. Repeat the same with the rest of the pieces.
- Once all the pieces are assembled, pour any remaining milk mixture on top. Finally top it with the nuts and refrigerate it for at least about 4 hours.
- The original recipe also calls for cream. I didn't use it as I didn't have it. Nevertheless we liked it as such. The cream will definitely give it a more rich feeling.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 67 here.