Now that the dark cold days are gone, it is time for fresh vivid and lively food. Salads perfectly fall into that category. As some of you may have known, I was not a great fan of Salads until I taste the pine nut caesar salad at “The Melting pot” and after that salads feature regularly once a week in our dinner table. I have become a great fan of radish salad especially with a tangy dressing. This sweet and tangy mango ginger dressing is absolutely fantastic. A light refreshing meal for any time of the day.
Radish Salad with Mango-Ginger dressing
Radish salad with a sweet and tangy mango ginger dressing.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: NIL | Total time: 10 Mins | Serves: 2
- 2 Cups Sliced Radishes
- 1 Tbsp Peanuts
- 1/2 tsp Black Sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp White Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- Salt for seasoning
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup Mango Nectar
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Grated Ginger
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under “For the dressing” in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan roast the peanuts and sesame seeds until they turn golden brown and start releasing their flavours.
- Now mix this with the sliced radishes and pour the dressing on top. Add salt; check for the seasoning and adjust the dressing accordingly.
- Refrigerate it for an hour; so the flavours will be well infused and then serve.
- You can substitute radish with cabbage and can also add ripe mangoes too.
This is off to the third day of the blogging marathon 28, week 3 under the theme “mango Recipes”. Check out the recipes of other blog marathon runners over here.