Fennel Scented Spring Onion Pulav - An Indian fusion Pulav variety. Basmati Rice laced with Fennel seeds and Spring Onions.
I go with this not just because of its taste and preference but its quite easy to prepare as well. It gives a win-win situation especially when you have guests. The hostess is stress free and since, almost 99% of the time it cannot go wrong, the guests are also happy.
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 3 Cups chopped Spring Onions white and green, reserve some greens for garnish
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1-2 Anise seed
- 2 Tbsp Cashew nuts or chopped almonds or a mix of both
- 2 no's Garlic pods crushed
- Salt to taste
- A pinch sugar optional
- Cook the rice. Fluff it up and let it cool. You can add little salt to the rice while it cooks.
- Roast the cashews in a pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan, in medium heat, add butter. Once it heats up, add the anise seed and fennel seeds; let it sizzle. (1) Immediately, add the chopped onions and garlic. Sautee until it softens.
- Turn off the pan. Mix the rice and cashews.
- Add salt and sugar (if using). Mix it well. Sprinkle some greens of the onions on top as garnish.
- The fennel seeds will easily burn. So keep the other ingredients handy and add as soon as the seeds sizzle.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 72 here.