- About 2 Cups Sliced Yellow Pumpkin
- About 1/2 Cup Sliced Potatoes
- Oil for sautéing (preferred Mustard Oil)
- 3/4 Tbsp Panch Phoron
- 2-3 no’s Red Chillies
- 1 no Green Chilli slit
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh grated Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Cilantro For garnishing
- Heat Oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the Panch phoron, green chillies, red chillies and grated ginger. Stir them for a minute,
- Then add the Potatoes, sprinkle some water and cook it until its half done.
- Then add the pumpkin, turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, salt, sugar and sprinkle some water again and cook until the pumpkins become tender. Cover and cook, if needed. Garnish it with cilantro and serve.
Potatoes take more time to cook than the pumpkins. So add the potatoes first, cook them until half done and then add the pumpkins.
Do not over cook the pumpkins. Fork tender is the perfect. If it gets overcooked, it becomes mushy and starchy and spoils the taste.