- About 2 Cups Sliced Yellow Pumpkin
- About ½ Cup Sliced Potatoes
- Oil for sautéing (preferred Mustard Oil)
- ¾ tablespoon Panch Phoron
- 2-3 no’s Red Chillies
- 1 no Green Chilli slit
- ¼ teaspoon Asafoetida
- ½ tablespoon Fresh grated Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tablespoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Cilantro For garnishing
- Heat Oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the Panch phoron, green chillies, red chillies and grated ginger. Stir them for a minute,
- Then add the Potatoes, sprinkle some water and cook it until its half done.
- Then add the pumpkin, turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, salt, sugar and sprinkle some water again and cook until the pumpkins become tender. Cover and cook, if needed. Garnish it with cilantro and serve.
Potatoes take more time to cook than the pumpkins. So add the potatoes first, cook them until half done and then add the pumpkins.
Do not over cook the pumpkins. Fork tender is the perfect. If it gets overcooked, it becomes mushy and starchy and spoils the taste.