The second post for this week is another simple rice called Geelyrs. Rice flavoured with turmeric powder and raisins. The dish is said to have been come from the Dutch East Indies, colonies of the Dutch. It is traditionally served as a side dish with Bobotie - a variation of the Shepherds pie.
- 1 Cup Rice
- 1/4 Cup Sultanas | Black Raisins
- A pinch Saffron
- 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Few Nuts optional
- 1 tsp Curry powder optional
- Add everything in a pressure cooker or heavy bottomed pan. Add 2 Cups of water and cook the rice.
- If in a pressure cooker, keep it for 3 whistles or cover and cook in a pan for about 12-15 minutes.
- Adjust the amount of water and time to cook rice as you would regularly.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 73here.