- Reduce the milk; add the cooked rice and simmer it until it becomes thick and creamy, stirring it frequently.
- Then add the Almonds paste, cantaloupe purée, sugar until the raw smell of the almonds goes off and it is as thick as pudding. Garnish it with ghee roasted chopped cashews or pecans and serve it chilled.
A thick creamy cantaloupe pudding. Very similar to Indian Kheer. A different way to enjoy the cantaloupe.
- 1/4 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon almonds blanched
- 3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup thick puréed cantaloupe
- ~1/4 sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped cashew nuts, pistachios & pecans
Cook rice with twice the amount water until its well cooked and mushy. Meanwhile blanch the almonds and grind it in a mixer into a smooth paste.
Heat a pan and add the puréed almonds. Sauté it in a medium flame until the raw taste goes off.
Bring milk to a boil in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Simmer it and keep stirring constantly. Once the milk reduces and thickens, add the cooked rice and the puréed cantaloupe, almonds and sugar.
Keep stirring until it reaches a pudding consistency; thick and creamy. Roast the cashews in a Tbsp of ghee and add it.
Let it cool. Keep it in the refrigerator for an hour or so and serve it chilled.