The reason I chose this dessert is because of its name. "Fool". Such an amusing name for a sinful decadence. But unfortunately the etymology of the name is ambiguous. Fool is an English dessert made with Custard and stewed fruit. The earliest recipe of fruit fool is from the 17th Century and the gooseberry fool was the most common one. But you can add any stewed fruit to make a "Fool".
One of the simplest and easiest dessert to make. Perfect for a sunny day.
light and fluffy cream mixed with strawberry puree.
Cuisine: American, International
- 300 gms fresh strawberries washed and hulled and halved
- An instant pudding or Heavy whipping cream
- Sugar as needed
- Nuts and some tutti fruiti for garnishing optional
- Keep few of the strawberries aside for garnish.
- In a pan add little water and strawberries and cook them until they become soft and juicy. If the berries are very tangy add sugar and adjust.
- Beat the cream until its airy and fluffy. Then gently fold the strawberries in the cream. Add the strawberry as much as needed.
- Finally when you serve, top it with sliced fresh strawberries and garnishing. Serve it slightly chilled.
- If you are not serving immediately, then refrigerate it.
Traditionally, this dessert is made with a custard. But you can also use whipped cream.
Harini-Jaya R says
Looks sinful, Nisha.
O Wow!!! So easy, yet so sinful...must try it. BTW name is really catchy 🙂
vaishali sabnani says
Stunning..and I am drooling Nisha.
Sapana Behl says
Love the elegant presentation of this fool.
Priya Suresh says
Would love to have this luscious strawberry fool, fantastic dessert.