Uthappam with a twist. Dosa topped with finely chopped spring onions, chillies and fresh herbs like coriander leaves and mint leaves.
Dosa topped with finely chopped spring onions, chillies and fresh herbs like coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- 2 tablespoon Spring Onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon Green chillies, finely chopped
- Salt (as needed)
- 5 Ladle Dosa Batter as needed
- Oil for cooking
Mix all the ingredients under topping. Add salt and mix well. Keep aside.
Heat the tawa or griddle on medium high heat. To check if the tawa is hot enough, sprinkle some water and it should sizzle immediately and the droplets should skitter.
Slightly grease the tawa with oil. Pour the batter and spread it quickly in a circular fashion and make it slightly thicker than the regular dosa. Immediately sprinkle the prepared topping and you can press it slightly using the spatula. Cover and cook.
Once the top-side gets cooked and the bottom is browned (golden brown), remove the dosa from the tawa.
You can serve this with chutney or sambhar or Milagai podi.
- The ingredients mentioned under topping is a sample. You can substitute or add any kind of herbs and give it your own twist.
- The amount of topping depends on one's personal choice. Fill the dosa as much as you like.
- Reduce the amount of chillies because gives a spicy bite. Instead you can add red chilli powder if you cannot handle it. Or omit completely.
- Spread the batter slightly thicker than the regular dosa. This helps in holding the toppings properly.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 78 here