All you need is carrots, ginger and onions to make this nourishing, smooth and creamy soup. A very tasty and nourishing dish that is very simple to make. Perfect for days when you want to have a light yet fulfilling lunch.
Ginger Carrot Soup
Simple and nourishing. Smooth and creamy.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Total time: 20 Mins | Serves: 2
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Clove
- 4 medium sized carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp minced ginger
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp Lime juice
- Chopped Coriander leaves for garnish
- 2 Tbsp roasted and crushed peanuts
- Salt to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add bay leaf and cloves. Once they sizzle remove it from the pan and add the onions.
- Add the carrots once the onions turn translucent. Sauté them for a minute. Add little salt and water and cook until the carrots become tender and soft.
- Transfer it to a blender and purée until it is smooth and creamy. Check for seasoning and add a tbsp of lime juice.
- Transfer it to a bowl and just before serving, garnish it with coriander, add some fried onions and crushed peanuts.
This recipe is for letter “G” under “Misc” theme. Check out other BM#32 Marathon runners’ posts here in this page.
Logo courtesy : Preeti